Construction Litigation Secretary - Wilmington, DE Office
Post & Schell is currently looking for a qualified Construction Litigation legal secretary with a minimum of five (5) years of experience for our Wilmington, DE office. The ideal candidate will, with a minimum of supervision, perform legal secretarial work of varying degrees of complexity, using all office equipment including word processing equipment. Requires an ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced and demanding atmosphere, strong organizational skills, careful attention to detail, as well as flexibility to adapt rapidly to a wide variety of tasks.
The candidate will also have the ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with lawyers, clients, and governmental agencies as needed and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of legal services.
This is a full-time position with possible temp to hire.
This position requires professional appearance and attire
- Formatting briefs, pleadings, and other legal documents
- Filing legal documents (e-filing in Delaware Common Pleas and Federal Courts)
- Transcribing dictations
- Corresponding with clients
- Maintaining calendars
- Maintains appointment and administrative hearings calendar
- Diarying deadlines, discoveries, and court orders
- Scheduling depositions and making travel arrangements
- Scheduling meetings with insureds, etc.
- Searches, files, and assembles information.
- Typing letters, documents, and reports.
- Files, records and/or delivers documents as needed
- Review documents for accuracy.
- Organizes and maintains files.
- Types a full range of legal secretarial work, including pleadings, memoranda, and standard legal documents with minimal supervision.
- Answer Principals’ phone.
- Demonstrate proficiency in data management software
- Maintain professional interaction with clients
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiar with certain court procedures
- Proficient typist
- Work flexible hours and manage their time well
- Meet deadlines
- Must have some relevant job or educational experience which clearly demonstrates the capability of performing the typical job tasks listed below.
- Must type 65 WPM.
- Must have good grammar, spelling, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to anticipate the needs of the Principal (attorney)
- Must be able to perform routine word processing functions including transcription and utilize a computerized case management system, judicial council forms, and office-wide calendar.
- Must also have the ability to learn new programs as necessary.
- Must have the ability to learn and become familiar with methods of service, court rules and procedures, and a variety of legal and court documents.
- Must have the ability to relate to the client community being served.
- 2 working references from prior work history.
- At least a High School Diploma/ GED.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal days.
E-mail resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to:
Human Resources Manager
Post & Schell, P.C.
Four Penn Center
1600 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Post & Schell values and strives to foster and grow diversity among its attorneys and staff. We work to promote a firm culture that celebrates the value that diversity brings to the firm and our clients. The firm – starting with its leadership and throughout the organization – recognizes that a diverse team with a rich variety of backgrounds is best positioned to serve our clients, ourselves, and the community at large. We work to create an environment that is inclusive, and respects and draws strength from each individual’s distinctive background, because we believe that such an approach creates a collegial setting that fosters each person’s contributions, supports fulfilling and successful careers for our attorneys and staff, and leads to the best results for our clients.